Almost every visitor to Boston makes it a point to visit Fenway Park. If you are a baseball fan, this is one place and you need to have on your ‘places to visit’ list while on your trip to Boston. This centrally located park isn’t difficult to access and using Be Driven’sFenway Park Shuttle is one of the best ways to get there. Here is a quick insight into Fenway Park:
- This immense baseball stadium was built in 1912.
- It has the capacity to accommodate over 37,000 people.
- This stadium is home to the city’s AL (American League) team- Red Sox.
- It is one of the most famous Major League Baseball stadiums, and the oldest as well.
- Fenway Park was built by John I. Taylor, the owner of the Red Sox.
- James McLaughlin largely designed this impressive steel & concrete park.
- The construction work began in September 1911 and the project cost totaled $650,000.
- April 9, 1912, was when the stadium was first opened up and an exhibition baseball match was played here- the Red Sox defeated Harvard College.
- On April 20, 1912, the stadium saw the first professional game being played in which the Red Sox was victorious over the New York Highlanders.
The Green Monster
Over the years, this famous stadium underwent numerous changes and the Red Sox ownership changed hands a couple of times as well. In 1933, the owner Tom Yawkey embarked on a huge revitalization project on Fenway Park and this project was completed in April 1934. The left field wall’s color was changed to green 1947 and it ultimately grew to become one of the most iconic features of the park. It is referred to as the ‘Green Monster’.
After a 10-year renovation project in 2002, almost every aspect and area of the park was revamped and even the area around the park underwent a lot of developments. Today, this is a very busy location with numerous restaurants, hotels and residential properties.
Use a Fenway Park Shuttle
If you are planning on attending a game or even visiting this location as a tourist, you should consider using the Fenway Park Shuttle to get there. This is one of the most convenient modes of transportation.
To know about our Fenway Park Shuttle services, feel free to call Be Driven at this number-1 800 233 7483. You can also fill in this contact us form and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
Copyright © BeDriven