Non emergency transportation is a great way to comfortably visit your doctor or therapist, reach appointments for treatment on time, and not have to worry about asking your friends or family members for help.
At Be Driven, we offer reliable services that would transport you from your home to the medical facility safely and on time. Here are some facts about non emergency medical transportation that’ll help you make the right decision.
What is Non Emergency Medical Transportation?
When it comes to healthcare, patients aren’t always able to transport themselves to get proper treatment. In such cases, most are forced to rely on their friends or relatives to provide assistance, but that’s not the most convenient option. This can lead to a lot of stress and anxiety.
Non emergency transportation is a great alternative that gives patients the independence and comfort they need. The people who might need non-emergency medical transportation are:
- People with recent injuries, who can’t move well on their own
- Patients in rehabilitation and those undergoing physical therapy
- Elderly people with no means of comfortable transport
- People who don’t drive and live in areas without convenient public transport
- People who have recently had surgeries and aren’t cleared to drive by the doctor
Non emergency transportation is a great option for anyone who needs transport for medical appointments and similar situations.
The Benefits of Non Emergency Medical Transportation
These kinds of transport options are available almost everywhere in the U.S, including Boston. Some might consider this an unnecessary expense, but it has several benefits. Here are some of them:
- Independence- The best benefit of Non emergency transportation is the fact that it allows patients the freedom of movement. They can reach their appointments and schedule them according to their own convenience.
- Equipped for Wheelchair- Most of these vehicles have the equipment to handle a wheelchair and accommodate disabled patients. It eases the hassle of transport for people in a wheelchair and it can be cost-efficient for them as well, as in some cases, this transport is covered by Medicaid or insurance.
Other benefits include on-time services, emergency transport, GPS tracking, etc. You can definitely contact us at Be Driven if you want to know more. Just fill in this contact us form and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible. If you require an immediate response, give us a call at 1 800 233 7483. We’ll be happy to hear from you and answer any questions you might have.