A surprising number of patients face delay in medical treatments, cancellation of appointments, and delayed care because they don’t have a way to reach the hospital or a clinic. This is especially true for people with chronic illnesses that require regular check-ups and treatments. In such cases, people are forced to rely on their family members or cabs for transport.
These aren’t the ideal forms of transport for people who are ill or disabled. Be Driven offers patient drop-off & pick-up car services to patients in need. You might wonder why you shouldn’t just hire a cab or ask a relative. Here are some factors to consider about medical transportation that would show you why:
- The Vehicles - Vehicles used in hospital transportation services in Boston are usually specially designed to handle all kinds of passengers. It’s easier for the elderly to get into. It is also more convenient for people in wheelchairs and those who are differently-abled. Cabs and normal cars aren’t comfortable or safe for people in wheelchairs unless they’re modified accordingly, and cabs rarely are.
- The Drivers-When you’re transporting an ill patient, it’s always a good idea to know what to do in case of emergency. Most people without the proper training would react with panic and worry which doesn’t help the patient who needs help. Drivers in medical transportation are often trained to handle emergencies. Most of them would have the following training:
- First Aid
- Assisting person with disabilities
- Emergency situation training
- HIPAA regulation training
Some drivers have more certifications in their bag. This makes patient drop-off & pick-up car services very secure for all kinds of people.
Patient Drop-off & Pick-up
While you call a cab or ask a family member to drive you, you need to rely on cab availability and your schedule your appointments when it’s convenient for the family member. That can cause delays in treatment and other such problems. Hospital transportation services in Boston will give you the flexibility to schedule appointments as per your convenience. The driver will drop you off and pick you up from the hospital or clinic.
To know more, you can contact us at Be Driven. Just fill in this contact us form and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible. If you require an immediate response, give us a call at 1 800 233 7483. We’ll be happy to hear from you and answer any questions you might have.
Copyright © BeDriven